Gre za resnično zgodbo o boju z depresijo in anksioznostjo ter o ponovnem učenju, kako ponovno živeti.
Utrinki iz knjige :
- The bottom of the walley never provides the clearest view.
- The shell might be protecting you, but it’s also stopping you feeling the full force of that good stuff.
- Sometimes on the rocky, windy path of recovery, what feels like a failure can be a step forward.
- “Put you ear down your soul and listen hard.” Anne Sexton
- You need to feel life’s terror to feel its wonder.
- A life made of goals is going to be dissapointing. Yes, it might propel you to move forward, but ultimately it will leave you empty. Because even if you achieve your goals, what then? You either set another goal, stress about how you keep the thing you attained, or you think “This is everything I ever wanted so why am I not happy?”
- Accept your thoughts, all of them, even the bad ones. Accept thoughts, but don’t become them.
- Depression is always smaller than you. It oparates within you, you do not operate within it. It may be a dark cloud passing across the sky, but if that is a metaphor – you are the sky.
- When I sink deep, I try to understand that there is another, bigger and stronger part of me that is not sinking. It is, I suppose, the part that would have been once called my soul.
- Beauty cleans the mind. So always try to find something beautiful.
- How to stop time: kiss.
How to travel in time: read.
How to escape time: music.
How to feel time: write.
How to release time: breathe.